The information on this page provides an overview of our remote education offer, as well as support and guidance for students, parents and carers.
Read our Blended Learning Policy in the Policies Library by clicking here
Frequently Asked Questions about Remote Education can be accessed by clicking here.
In the event of an academy closure or prolonged student absence, the academy is committed to providing continuity of education for its students and will do so through a process of remote (online) learning. Students will continue their curriculum primarily through Google Classroom, with a small number of subjects using other secure platforms.
Remote education provision
This information is intended to provide clarity and transparency to students and parents or carers about what to expect from remote education if local restrictions require entire cohorts (or bubbles) to remain at home.
Our remote learning plan has been developed with our students and their families in mind and in conjunction with the guidance provided by the Department for Education. We believe that this strategy will work best for the children at our academy. Students will access the majority of their lesson resources via an online platform, Google Classroom, with a small number of subjects using other platforms (Tassomai, Sparx Maths).
Please click here to read our Remote Education Strategy.
Principles of teaching in remote education
- Teachers set assignments so that students have meaningful and ambitious work each day in the full range of subjects in their normal curriculum
- Teachers provide frequent, clear explanations of new content, delivered by a teacher through Google Classroom
- Teachers adapt teaching in response to questions or assessments
- Students have access to a planned and well-sequenced curriculum so that knowledge and skills are built incrementally, with a good level of clarity about what is intended to be taught and practised in each subject
- Students have access to high-quality online and offline resources and teaching videos and that are linked to the academy’s curriculum
- Students have access to online tools that allow interaction, assessment and feedback