Enrichment at Magna Academy provides an opportunity for you to extend your learning outside of the standard curriculum offer. It also provides you with many new and different experiences. Enrichment opportunities increase your motivation, achievements and supports retention. Valuable links within the local community promote our academy to prospective students and parents, which fosters a sense of community and cohesion within our academy.
At Magna there are many enrichment opportunities organised before, during and at the end of the academy day (as well as opportunities for residential trips). Students will develop essential skills including teamwork, practical work and creative opportunities that will encourage problem solving and communication.
Many enrichment opportunities will see you representing Magna Academy, whether it is for a sporting team, competing in the maths challenge or being part of a STEAM project. What is offered to you may change throughout the year, most likely termly. Some activities will run for the duration of the year.
Benefits from being involved in Magna’s enrichment programme:
- Exposure to new interests and experiences – giving you the opportunity to branch out, trying things that they may not have considered before.
- Curiosity for further learning – giving the opportunity to explore an interest in greater detail, it could also allow you to see a different perspective on understanding.
- Identify and nurture new and existing talent – you may find a new talent in an area that you had not considered previously. This can inspire you in other aspects of your life.
The Magna Enrichment programme can also:
- Reduce anxiety – enrichment activities can allow you to relieve stress and support you when coping with pressures from the standard curriculum.
- Improve social skills – during enrichment activities you may work with students from outside your friendship group or even a different year group. This will increase your social circle and develop communication skills and self-esteem.
- Offer real life experiences – This will allow you to apply knowledge you have learned to real life situations, broadening your understanding and application.
- Increase confidence in personal abilities – taking part in enrichment activities allows you to develop personally, identifying traits that you didn’t know you hand and apply personal skills that may not be required within the standard curriculum offer.
When taking part in enrichment activities, you have the opportunity to grow personally, develop further knowledge and skills, as well as contributing to a more cohesive community. Your attendance to enrichment activities will earn house points that will go towards a variety of rewards throughout the academic year.
OUR Enrichment Week
Students had the opportunity to sign up for enrichment activities during tutor/DEAR time at the beginning of the Autumn term. However, if they would like to attend any club that they haven’t signed up for, students can still attend that activity and will be added to the register at that point.
|Daily||Homework Club||G34||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Monday||Handball Club||Sports Hall||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Magna Musical Vocal Rehearsal||Music||3-4pm||Musical cast|
||STEM Club||G104||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Magna Musical||G78||3-4pm||Musical cast|
|BTEC Catch Up||G106||3-4pm||Enterprise students|
|Keyboard Club||G73||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Rugby Club||Sports Field||3-4pm||Years 7, 8 & 9|
|Football Club||Sports Field/Astro||3-4pm||Years 8 & 9|
|Cross Country Club||Sports Field||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Basketball Club||Sports Hall||3-4pm||All year groups|
|KS3 Textiles Club||G125||3-4pm||Years 7 & 8 (max 12)|
|Cooking Club||G123||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Arts & Crafts Club||F66||3-4pm||Year 7|
|Table Top Games Club||G107||3-4pm||All year groups|
||Badminton Club||Sports Hall||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Vocal Group||Music||Lunchtime||All year groups|
|Girls Football Club (week 1 only)||Astro||3-4pm||Years 7/8 & 9/10|
|Games, Puzzles & Chess Club||F25||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Football Club||Astro||3-4pm||Year 11|
|Modern Art Painting Club||F69||3-4pm||All year groups|
|BTEC Catch Up||G62||3-4pm||Years 10 & 11 BTEC Sport Students|
|GCSE PE Revision||G62||3-4pm||Years 10 & 11 GCSE students|
|Creative History Club||F53||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Sparx Club||F53||3-4pm||All year groups|
|GCSE Art/Photography Club||F66||3-4pm||Years 10 & 11 GCSE students|
|Latin Club||G26||3-4pm||Years 7-9|
|Boxfit||Sports Hall||All year groups|
|Thursday||Magna Echo||F20||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Magna Musical||G78||3-4pm||Musical cast|
|Colouring Club||English Dept||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Junior Authors Club||English Dept||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Guitar Club||G73||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Rugby Club||Sports Field||3-4pm||Years 10 & 11|
|Netball Club||Courts||3-4pm||All year groups|
|Girls Football Club (week 2 only)||Astro||3-4pm||Years 7/8 & 9/10|
|Football Club||Sports Field/Astro||3-4pm||Years 7/10|