What is Employer Engagement – And Why Does It Matter?
When employer engagement is woven into the fabric of education it has been proven to enhance student employability and workplace development, as well as establishing a more symbiotic relationship between teaching and student learning. The benefits of educators and employers coming together are truly significant.
Alongside it being great for schools and student performance, it’s also important to an ever-evolving job market. Employers can communicate how important skills are in the workplace and help develop an understanding of professionalism in young people from an early age.
High quality robust research on education and employer engagement informs our practice here at Magna Academy. We know that employer engagement can
- Broaden young peoples’ horizons and raise their aspirations
- Excite children about subjects, increasing motivation, confidence and attitude to learning
- Challenge gender and social stereotypes
- Improve academic attainment at GCSE
- Increase young people’s earning potential
- Reduce the likelihood of young people becoming NEET (4 or more encounters with employers)
Working with and supporting Magna Academy
If you are an employer or an employee and would like to work with Magna Academy please could you complete this brief Google Form outlining the support you are able to provide.