Our Examination Student Handbook has been created to provide important and helpful information for you and your parents/carers. Please read it carefully and thoroughly. Show it to your parents/carers so they are also aware of the examination regulations and procedures to follow in the event of any problems occurring. Please keep this somewhere safe so it can be referred to during the course of the year. The awarding bodies (examination boards) set strict criteria, which must be followed for the conduct of examinations. Magna is required to follow these instructions precisely.
If you are unsure about anything, you or your parents/carers can email our Examinations Officer, Mrs Ellaway.
If your parents/carers would prefer to speak directly with Mrs Ellaway, they can call her on 01202 604222.
exam board information
- Information for candidates – Privacy Notice
- Information for candidates – Social Media Information
- Information For Candidates -Written Examinations
- Information For Candidates -Non Exam Assessments
- Information For Candidates -Coursework Assessments
- Information For Candidates – On-Screen Examinations
- Warning Notice to Candidates
- Unauthorised Items Poster
The Exam Boards will no longer provide copies of certificates that have been lost, or never claimed. However, you can apply for a Certified Statement of Results, which can be used in the same way as a certificate. All Boards charge a fee for this service.
The school changes specifications frequently, therefore, we may not be able to tell you which exam board we used for a particular subject in the past.
If you were at school before 2000 the Boards that awarded your qualifications may no longer exist as separate bodies. The GOV.UK website provides advice on where to make enquiries if this is the case.
You will have to fill in a form for each Board. These can be found on their websites:
- Access Arrangements
- Candidate Absence
- Candidate Identity Verification
- Candidate Late Arrival
- Complaints And Appeals Procedure
- Emergency Evacuation
- Exam Contingency
- Food And Drink
- GDPR: Exams
- Internal Appeals Procedure
- Leaving The Examination Room
- Managing Behaviour
- Non-Examination Assessment
- Overnight Supervision Arrangement
- Procedure For Dealing With Access To Scripts
- Review Of Marking – Centre Assessed Marks
- Special Consideration
- Whistleblowing Policy -Exams
- Word Processor